Reflecting On The Year Gone By And The Road Ahead For 2022
Happy 2022 everyone! We hope that the year ahead gives you many reasons to smile, celebrate and cheer your own successes.
Like many of you, we went into 2021 with wide eyed optimism that a new year would somehow free us from the chaos of 2020 and give us a fresh and fertile terrain to launch our corporate gifting business.
But we learned fast that a turn of the calendar doesn't necessarily give us a magic fix. We launched our business in a year where the world was gripped by uncertainty, fear, loss, declining business confidence and an ever-changing business terrain.
Nonetheless we pushed forwards, We battled supply chain shortages, delays and learning on the job, embracing the steep learning curve of starting a business in a fast-changing world.
Did we win all the time? Certainly not. Did we meet each and every one of our goals? No. Did we have to grapple with disappointments? Plenty.
But we learnt, we grew and have finished 2021 in a stronger position than when we started. Our business is no longer a baby, it's an infant that's starring to crawl.
Look ahead to 2022, what's on our mind?
- Some deeper introspection into our brand personality and values and our big "Why" - what can gifting do to create profit and also make the world a better place.
- Transforming the way businesses think about gifting, from "gift hampers" to immersive experiences that amplify their brand
- Creating a "gifting for good" segment to our portfolio - sourcing products made by disadvantaged communities from around the world
- Curating an even more exciting and exclusive set of products and working with more independent and small-scale artisans
- Strengthening our network of creative collaborators and referrers.
- Woking on some exciting new collections for Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Ramadan & Eid, Diwali, Christmas and for Corporate Gifting (watch this space!)
For those that were able to, thank you for supporting us, referring us, sharing us and always cheering us on. Wherever we are and wherever we have to go, we've ended 2021 and started 2022 with more clients and business clarity than 12 months ago.
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!
Reena & Rahul